Now, 1 in 5 Americans has an autoimmune condition.
Autoimmune disorders have increased significantly over the past few decades, from Type I diabetes and rheumatoid arthritis to multiple sclerosis and inflammatory bowel disease. So much so that1 in 5 Americans suffers from an autoimmune condition.
If you are looking for an autoimmune doctor near Hollywood, Florida, come to Rezilir Health™. Our team of doctors is focused on a results-driven approach to treating your systems. A conventional, pharmaceutical-driven method for treating autoimmune diseases usually relies on steroids, immunosuppressants, or biological modifiers.
The duration of these drug treatments, like Humira, is often indefinite and does not ‘cure’ the autoimmune condition. Pharmaceuticals also have the potential for serious side effects, including infection, malignancy, or death.
As many of our patients ask, “what is the cause of autoimmune disease?” While the answer to this is not perfectly understood, there is a significant percentage of people whose autoimmune symptoms can be reduced by adjusting their lifestyle and identifying contributing factors like infections and toxins.
At Rezilir Health™, we take an integrative approach by considering environmental, lifestyle, and genetic influences. This, combined with conventional medicine, helps us better understand the root cause of your autoimmunity and implement a plan to optimize your overall health.
Our autoimmune doctors live and work near you and are ready to help.
We consider many potential variables that may be contributing to your autoimmune disease:
- Gut deficiencies like dysbiosis and intestinal permeability
- Toxin exposures including heavy metals found in dental fillings, chemicals, and mold
- Infectious exposures
- Food sensitivities
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Stress exacerbation
- Sleep disorders
Autoimmune conditions that have responded to our approach are:
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism
- Sjögren’s syndrome
- ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
Potential treatments for autoimmune disorders include:
- Customized diets like paleo, autoimmune, Wahl’s Protocol, fasting-mimicking, and intermittent fasting
- Biotransformation to help the body get rid of chemicals and metals
- Treatment of infections
- Treatment of the gut
- Stress management
- Sleep improvement
- Supportive treatments such as low dose naltrexone and hyperbaric
We prefer to collaborate with a specialist who is willing to work with an integrative approach that can significantly reduce the need for potentially dangerous medications. At Rezilir, our goal is to improve your functional status and quality of lifebefore pharmaceutical medications are reduced.