High-Intensity Light Therapy
High-Intensity Light Therapy/Laser Therapy
We have a Class IV laser from Aspen Lasers that provides high-intensity light therapy (HILT) in the 940, 810, 1060nm light spectrum. The Aspen Laser systems are FDA cleared to emit energy in the infrared spectrum for temporary relief of muscle and joint pain, temporary increase of local blood circulation and temporary relief of muscle spasms.
HILT therapy can help to stimulate cell regeneration and enhance tissue repair in a wide variety of ways including:
- Increasing ATP (the energy molecule needed for all cell functions). When tcells have the energy they need, they start performing their normal functions again, including cleaning up old debris, and building new structures.
- Activating intracellular changes that ultimately contribute to the survival of the target and neighboring cells.
- Activating molecules such as superoxide dismutase which is anti-inflammatory
- Stimulating repair of cells that were previously damaged by disease
Additional benefits of HILT can include:
- Expedited healing time
- Tissue strengthening
- Increased blood and lymphatic drainage
- Enhanced immune response
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Improved sleep
Types of conditions where HILT can be helpful include:
- Joint pain & arthritis
- Bursitis, tendinitis
- Connective tissue injury
- Muscular and vertebral injuries
- How are treatments administered? A handheld wand is positioned directly on, or slightly above, the skin over the affected area, where it delivers a gentle therapeutic beam.
- How many treatments will I need? Most ACUTE conditions typically require only 5-6 treatments. CHRONIC conditions generally take longer and may require 6-12 treatments as well as one or two follow-up treatments each month.
- How long does a treatment take? Depending on the condition, treatment times typically last only 5-10 minutes, but larger body areas may require a more time.
- Does the treatment hurt? Absolutely not! Most patients experience a warm, often soothing sensation during treatment.
- How soon can I resume my normal activities? The moment you leave the clinic, you may resume your normal daily activities. However, it is important to not overexert for a few days, as the body is still healing.
We are happy to discuss how High-Intensity Light Therapy can be useful for your specific issues.