Telemedicine is the use of technology to provide remote healthcare over the phone or by video conference. This makes it possible for clinicians to treat patients whenever needed and wherever the patient is, by using a computer or smartphone while remaining HIPAA compliant.
Telehealth has become even more common in the age of Covid-19.
What can be done by Telemedicine?
Telemedicine may be a foreign concept for many current and new patients, so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office. Below, we hope to provide you the information needed.
Currently, these are the services that Rezilir provides through a Telemedicine/Virtual platform. If you are in need of care and have concerns as to whether Telemedicine or an in-person visit would be best for you, we will be more than happy to guide you in the right direction.
• New patient visits, follow-up visits and coaching sessions. These are effectively done through a video-based platform. We are fortunate that we have an advanced system, called Cerbo that readily allows for video-based calls, portal messages and email/text communication.
• Home-based delivery of supplements is a service we provide including automatic refills. Nowadays, CVS and Walgreens are providing home-based delivery of prescription medicines.
• Remote monitoring devices provide an additional expansion of telemedicine for telehealth. Monitoring devices are readily available for blood pressure, blood sugar, sleep, and fitness. The data can be downloaded to our electronic health record and reviewed as part of your record. As technology advances the ability for us to be able to effectively monitor patients from a distance will dramatically expand.
Some advantages of Telemedicine for patients are as follows:
• Time saving
• No travel
• Meeting stay at home requirements required by local and state governments during COVID
What can’t be done by Telemedicine?
We see five major aspects of care that benefit from an in-person Southern Florida Telehealth visit:
• Procedures – acupuncture, IVs, hyperbarics and other procedures will need to be done in person
• Testing – Most testing, especially those that require specialized handling needs to be done in the Rezilir office.
• Full physical exam – this is self-explanatory. However, the power of remote monitoring expands every year what can be done from a distance.
• Deep relationship building– there is a vital connection between a patient and a physician that happens in person that helps to build the doctor-patient relationship and accelerates healing. While virtual medicine can be effective, there is substantial power to the in-person visit that is extremely helpful.
• Overall intuitive assessment – in complex cases, there is also an enormous value of seeing someone in person to get to the right diagnosis as to what is the problem.
Our main objective is we want you to get the right medical guidance. As a result, especially during these times where travel is difficult, we are happy to provide Telemedicine and remote care for all our patients that are in need, including new patients.
Rezilir Health offers Telemedicine appointments to patients across the US and around the world by:
- Video Conference: Your appointment will occur by our HIPAA-compliant online video platform. When your appointment is scheduled, you will receive the meeting link and meeting ID code. A few minutes before your appointment, click on the meeting link and download the software to run the meeting. This will enable you to have an interactive, video experience with the doctor. Headsets with microphones are recommended for the online meeting for best audio quality using your computer / laptop.
- Telephone: If you do not have internet access, this will be conducted by telephone. Your clinician will call you on your phone to conduct the meeting. Please be available by phone at the scheduled time of your appointment.
As with all of your appointments, your remote telehealth sessions are completely private and confidential. Our video conference platform is HIPAA-compliant. However, it’s important to note that not all video conferencing solutions are secure and may not comply with applicable state and federal regulations. Skype, Facetime and other video collaboration applications are generally not considered HIPAA compliant for clinical visits.
Our policy with Telemedicine at Rezilir is simple. We want our patients to benefit from the convenience, however, we also want them to get the right medical guidance.